Job Vacancy: Wedding & Special Event Co-ordinator
The Monastery Manchester is looking for an exceptional Wedding & Special Event Co-ordinator for our award-winning venue. Competitive Salary plus incentive scheme/depending on skills and experience.
The Monastery operates as a community charity, a heritage visitor attraction and a weddings and special events venue as well as being an educational, training, cultural and community venue with a spiritual sanctuary and wellbeing centre. We have an exciting and varied programme of events and visitors… so no day is ever the same!
Who we are
The Monastery of St Francis & Gorton Trust owns this precious heritage site, it is a registered charity and building preservation trust set up in 1996 to save, restore and find a sustainable new use for E W Pugin’s architectural masterpiece, known locally as Gorton Monastery.
The significance of Pugin’s derelict site led to its listing by the World Monument Fund in New York as one of the “100 Most Endangered Sites in the World” and led to its nickname as Manchester’s Taj Mahal. The Trust is now in its 25th year with an award-winning track record as a wedding and events venue.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced wedding & special events co-ordinator who will assist the Senior Sales & Event Coordinator by generating new business for the Monastery.
Your key responsibilities will be to deal with website, email and telephone enquiries. You will convert these wedding enquiries and special event leads into bookings. From that very first contact you will nurture and develop a friendly and professional relationship with potential clients to ensure that they have the best possible experience when holding their wedding or event at the Monastery.
You will need to be someone who loves working with people who is efficient, organised and good at making things happen. Above all, you must truly enjoy the wedding environment and be self-motivated to do well for themselves and the charity owned Monastery.
You will be working with a wide range of clients and liaising with catering and event partners as well as sharing the building and working alongside community, charity and trusted partners who deliver health, education and outreach projects.
What it’s like to work here
We are a small, friendly and highly motivated, inclusive, hands on and happy team with a big vision for our Modern Day Monastery to thrive and serve its highest possible purpose for our clients and our community.
We’re a passionate bunch and we enjoy learning from each other. We thrive on change and love working in such an inspirational and unique site. We are all keen to do good and to put something back into society. We make sure we support others through our community and charitable partnerships.
Many roles at The Monastery are customer and community facing, with all teams working hard to make everyone feel welcome and valued while we maintain superb standards of service. This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the widest sense and to become a valued member of our Monastery team.
The skills you will need
To be successful in your application for the position of Wedding and Special Event Co-ordinator you will need the following skills in your toolkit;
- Be a meeting & events professional with a minimum of one-year event sales experience in the hotel/venue/hospitality industry.
- Enjoy working and dealing with the public and being part of a team
- Be confident, pleasant and a good communicator, able to stay calm under pressure
- Be efficient, organised and self-motivated
- Have strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- Be able to demonstrate your progress, success and achievements in a steady career path to date
- Be computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office, databases and a knowledge of venue booking systems
- Have high standards in your work and client correspondence
- Have a flexible approach to working as the hours for this role may include some weekend and evening working
- Have a strong eye for detail to ensure the client expectations are exceeded
- Have strong organisational and multi-tasking skills to match the variety of meetings, activities and exciting events that may take place each day
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Understand the importance of maintaining a professional outlook with clients and visitors.
About the Monastery
As a multi-purpose heritage site owned by a charity, the building is available for exclusive hire every Friday and Saturday and after 4pm most days. The venue is operated by its trading subsidiary The Monastery, Manchester, a winner of over 30 prestigious UK & International Awards (including Best Manchester Wedding Venue 2021).
All proceeds from events are donated to the charitable trust to support the maintenance and upkeep of this precious heritage site as well as our charitable and community projects in education, skills, arts and health.
The Trust’s 4 pillars of work are: Heritage & Culture; Health & Well-being; Ceremony & Celebration; Wisdom & Consciousness.
Our Modern Day Monastery
An extraordinary place to visit
A sanctuary with a heart full of peace
An architectural wonder
And an intellectual feast
To find out more about The Monastery and our work please follow us!
Email for applications please: email@example.com